Patch is helping me knit. When she wants me to stop, she just sleeps on the sweater.
The colors are still off. Also, I think there is too much yellow in it now. The next repeats are going to only have 2 rows of yellow on either side of the rust. If anybody complains that the first repeat isn't exactly alike, they are looking too close. This is a good place to wrinkle it for pictures.
We are discovering moth eaten stuff in the yarn room. Not everything by any means, but some shetland and a cone of cashmere blend (that I thought was lost).
I am scared about going through all of this. I think a lot is clean, but I don't know anymore. I am considering bug bombing the yarn room, does anybody know if this will help? I hate putting toxins into my house.
This is what I get for not knitting for a few years while trying to support a family. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to cut down on the yarn quantity (after all, I do have a room for yarn and roving).
I am over the knitting doldrums. I think I know what caused them for me. I had many so many changes in the sweater without swatching first - (yes I know that I am an idiot) that I think I was constantly scared at what was going to happen next.
Well, I finished a color sequence. It worked. It isn't perfect, but I also do not have perfect colors available to me. If I had my way, Jamison's would have better blues and purples (so I could have done the sweater in purple) or would have at least one more green without too much blue in it. But part of this exercise is to work in stock yarns.
The color sequence is totally different from what I had planned on. Part of this is because what I had planned to be my main color in the detail (moss) has become the main background color. The next color worked with moss so well that it got lost. This is why I ripped 2 days ago. I needed to be able to see color separation in those rows.
So I changed the back ground color for a few rows to Pine. Now I had to put in detail without having the whole sweater begin to look like it was in granny smith. I think I succeeded. I split what was going to be a 6 row stretch of moss into 3 rows of granny smith and 3 rows of yellow. It looks right now. The granny smith is started with the moss as background and ends with the pine as background. This makes it look a little more complicated (and I think better) without adding knitting complications.
I woke up this morning and immediately started knitting. The sweater design now seems to be stable, and I am no longer going to it scared.
Now I have to stop knitting and do some stuff on the refinance. I hate paperwork. I also hate searching through files I am not in charge of.
Both my hamstrings are pulled. I am not sure what to do about it.
I got the website where I want it (at least temporarily) and learned movable type. Put two blogs on the website - one of them IS the front page. I am planning on it only having one article at a time on it.
I only got a few rows knit (I have been obsessive about my web work) but now I can relax and actually knit. In fact, I don't really have a choice - my neck hurts so much I have to get off the machine for a while. I thought putting the screen up would help - I was wrong. It looks like I am going to have to get new glasses. But I have to give my neck a rest - so I will sit in my comfy chair and knit (and maybe read).
Some pictures (because I don't usually post pictures)
Look, an old picture of me - for all those people who were curious.